Brighton

Royal Pavilion, Brighton
Royal Pavilion, Brighton
Trevor Roman ©

Originally commissioned in 1783 by the Prince of Wales (son of George III) the Pavilion was enlarged (according to John Nash's plans) in 1812 when the Prince became Regent.

William Cobbett described it as a square box, a large Norfolk turnip and four onions

Updated: Saturday 27 May 2017
Sussex photos at Sussex Gallery
© Trevor Roman 2005-2017