Chichester

The Guildhall, Priory Park, Chichester
The Guildhall, Priory Park, Chichester
Ben Ayling ©

The Guildhall was built in 1269 as the church for the Greyfriars. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1538 the church became the Town Hall.

It was also used as a court room with famous trials including William Blake (famous for writing Jerusalem) in 1804.

Updated: Saturday 27 May 2017
Sussex photos at Sussex Gallery
© Trevor Roman 2005-2017