Loxwood

Brewhurst Lock, Loxwood
Brewhurst Lock, Loxwood
Grahame Stovold ©

Brewhurst Lock on the Wey and Arun Canal.

The lock was built between 1813 and 1816, and then closed when the canal closed in 1868.

It was restored in 1994-96. Further restoration work continues downstream, aimed at opening several miles more of the Canal around 2004. Another picture of the lock.

Updated: Saturday 27 May 2017
Sussex photos at Sussex Gallery
© Trevor Roman 2005-2017